[U-Boot-Users] Infinite while loop in ppc4xx/spd_sdram.c?

Joe Turner jturner at Brocade.COM
Thu Sep 2 19:46:05 CEST 2004

Hi,

Long time list reader, first time question here.

I'm reading over CVS Revision 1.6 of u-boot/u-boot/cpu/ppc4xx/spd_sdram.c and I have a question.  Way down at almost the bottom of the function program_tr1() about where the rdclt_average is being calculated, there's a while loop that seems curious to me:

rdclt_average = ((max_start + max_end) >> 1);
if (rdclt_average >= 0x60)
	while(1);

Does anyone know the reason for this, why 0x60 and why a seemingly silent hang?
Thanks.
Joe