[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot and Nand Flash

Bradley Remedios bremedios at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 19:55:35 CEST 2004

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 02:20:47 +0200, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> in message <963b33870409081618661df6b7 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> >
> > The first block is 16K which is larger than the U-Boot binary.

Sorry about the confusion.  It was meant to say that the first block
is smaller than the U-Boot Binary.

> U-Boot will NOT fit into a 16 kB block. And U-Boot cannot be made  to
> boot  directly  from  such  a  block.  You  will  need to implement a
> different loader.

So I guess that my best option would be to use a small primary
bootloader to boot U-Boot from RAM.

If I am reading everything correctly, I should have to change the
reset and start locations (.resetvec and .bootpg) along with the setup
of the MMU (as all TLB Entries are cleared currently.)

I'm probably missing other steps that are required, I'll be looking at
the startup code in more detail.

Do you see any reasons why what I am suggesting may not be feasible at
all?  I would really like to use U-Boot as our bootloader (or
secondary bootloader) if it is at all possible.

Regards,
--
Bradley Remedios
bremedios at gmail.com