[U-Boot-Users] MPC8540 gigabit ethernet

Scott Harper scott at lassen.com
Tue Sep 14 02:35:38 CEST 2004

Hello,

We are having problem getting gigbit ethernet working with u-boot on our
board.  I suspect that we have a hardware problem but I am double checking to
make sure that I am not missing anything.

u-boot with 8540ADS board and gigabit works fine.
u-boot with our 8540 board gigabit has checksum errors as seen by etherreal.
our 8540 board 100Mbit works fine in all modes.

We are using the same PHY as the 8540ADS (Marvell 88E1011S)

Since 100Megabit works and Gigabit doesn't have I missed a configuration or is
this really a hardware problem.

Scott