[U-Boot-Users] Re: A suggestion for Maillist Posting Rules

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 14 11:19:37 CEST 2004

In message <20040914025413.31684.qmail at web15602.mail.cnb.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> Well, maybe we could add some post rules on u-boot
> maillist subscribe URL clearly, like PLAIN TEXT ONLY

This is standard netiquette. There should (in theory, I know)  be  no
need to metion this at all. But there should also be no need to point
ouit that posters are expected to read the documentation and the FAQs
and  search  the  mailing list archives and use google and do allt he
other usual things ...

> could make the maillist more readable. And also to
> save us from posting such remainders online every now
> and then.

Maybe we should really set up  posting  rules  (pronbaly  similar  to
those  on  the  linux-arm  lists)and  actually  reject  messages that
contain "garbage". It's just that I don't know how or if at all I can
set up such filtering on the SF mailing lists. I doubt I  can  do  it
there.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Extended Epstein-Heisenberg Principle: In an R & D orbit, only  2  of
the  existing 3 parameters can be defined simultaneously. The parame-
ters are: task, time and resources ($).