[U-Boot-Users] A suggestion for Maillist Posting Rules

Sam Song samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Sep 14 04:54:13 CEST 2004

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> > Pls never send HTML to this list. Plain text is
> > well accepted. W.D. don't like to see it. :-)
>
> It's not only a matter of liking or disliking. It
> has to do with  the
> ability  to  use standard text processing tools to
> process the stuff,
> like a simple "grep" to search for something. All
> the  other  issues
> like waste of bandwidht and storage capacity to be
> added, of ocurse.

Oops, me and my big mouth.
Well, maybe we could add some post rules on u-boot
maillist subscribe URL clearly, like PLAIN TEXT ONLY
maillist. Or give the new subscriber some tips when he
gets a successful subscription. There are also other
similar problems, like 'gzip' some small pacth, which
make it unreadable on maillist. This way, I think we
could make the maillist more readable. And also to
save us from posting such remainders online every now
and then.

Best regards,

Sam