[U-Boot-Users] MPC8272ADS and uboot program check

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 16 10:31:46 CEST 2004

Hello,

in message <51DB8827D393D411BB69003048003F46FDCEF6 at tvesntr.televes.com> you wrote:

> >First of all, I would acknowleging that Wolfgang is probably right and you
> probably have a hardware problem.

Please configure your mailer to quote correctly.

BOTH lines above are quotes, but only the first  line  is  marked  as
such.  This  essentially  makes  your messages unreadable. please fix
this!

> It could be. I had some problem with the Flash in the past, but there, the
> board didn't start at all and kept rebooting in a few miliseconds with a
> HRESET.

I think all additional discussion is in vain. You have known hardware
problems, so it makes no sense to continue.

Don't try to understand why the failure mode is a reset in  one  case
or  a  spectacular crash in another one - when yoiur flash is failing
you must assume that the CPU is executing random data.  This  can  be
anything,  and  fail  at  any  time  andin  any way you can or cannot
imagine.

Stop here, and fix or replace the hardware.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I will not say that women have no character;  rather, they have a new
one every day.                                               -- Heine