[U-Boot-Users] Anyone using pcnet.c ? can't make it work on 100mb link

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Fri Sep 17 21:58:13 CEST 2004

Hi

Is anyone using pcnet.c ?  (CONFIG_PCNET_79C973) I can't make it work on
100mb link.

It works fine with a 10mbit link.  It stops transmitting on a 100mbit.
(it's odd - the descriptor ring status is 8300 - like there is no link)

Once linux is running (and the pcnet32.c driver takes over) then 100mbit
works fine.  So I presume the hardware is ok.

This is using the internal phy.

I've tried everything I can think in terms of programming the chip
registers including setting the mii control register to zero (which
should force 10mbit).

No matter what I do it works fine on 10mb and not on 100mb.  What's odd
is that I turn auto-neg off, 100mb off, reset the phy and write zero to
the phy control register and it still negotiates a 100mbit link.

-brad