[U-Boot-Users] Re: Should "imls" show ramdisk_image.gz copied into the flash ?

Inna Povolotsky pevnev at juno.com
Wed Sep 22 00:16:38 CEST 2004

>> Should "imls" show the presence of the ramdisk_image.gz copied
>> into the flash ?? (and I do not see it ...)

> No, it should not. "imls" will only show valid U-Boot images.
> ramdisk_image.gz is missing a valid U-boot header.

ramdisk_image.gz was downloaded from the site you have recommended:

 ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/SELF/images/ppc_82xx

What is the missing operation (which is not, by the way, in the 7.6 of your manual, which also -I just double-checked - still refers to downloading from ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/SIMPLE-PPCBOOT-ramdisk - you may consider correcting it, Sir ...), which I have to perform (over ramdisk_image.gz downloaded from your "correct" site ?)?

To reiterate, I do not think this "missing" step is covered in 7.6 either.
Could I kindly ask you to be more detailed in your answers - so I will not need to bother you yet again.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Alex