[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot and Nand Flash

Markus Pietrek maillist at fsforth.de
Thu Sep 23 08:55:06 CEST 2004

Hi,

> U-Boot will NOT fit into a 16 kB block. And U-Boot cannot be made  to
> boot  directly  from  such  a  block.  You  will  need to implement a
> different loader.

Sorry to disagree. Of course U-Boot at whole will not fit into a NAND block.
But you can place all the assembler initialization stuff including NAND
relocation into the first block. The relocation code then reads the remaining
NAND sectors and appends it to the one already read by the CPU. For the
S3C2410 I did post a patch half a year ago.

Bye,

--
Markus Pietrek / FS Forth-Systeme GmbH
Kueferstrasse 8, D-79206 Breisach, Germany