[U-Boot-Users] serial: polling or interrupt based?

Benjamin Collar benjamin.collar at siemens.com
Fri Sep 24 17:33:27 CEST 2004

Hi again

OK, I've answered one of my questions: I can change cp_brgc1 to
cp_brgc4, and of course the other change I have to make is changing sicr
so it uses brgc4 as well. It doesn't *appear* that other changes are
necessary.

Thank you all for the answers regarding interrupts vs. polling.

Hard-coding brgc1 seems to me--bear in mind that my experience with
bootloaders is about .00004--like a bad idea. Is there any interest in
making brg selection more flexible, or is it sufficient, when I send the
patch for my board, that I use #ifdefs to do it the way I need?

Thanks
Ben

--
Benjamin Collar