[U-Boot-Users] serial: polling or interrupt based?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 24 19:34:55 CEST 2004

In message <1096040007.3318.73.camel at mhpajh5c> you wrote:

> Hard-coding brgc1 seems to me--bear in mind that my experience with
> bootloaders is about .00004--like a bad idea. Is there any interest in
> making brg selection more flexible, or is it sufficient, when I send the
> patch for my board, that I use #ifdefs to do it the way I need?

The general rule is: never touch a running system.

Please explain which problem you are  trying  to  fix.  As  mentioned
before,  there are existing ports of both the MPC852 and MPC866 which
run just fine with the code as is, you  I'm  not  really  sure  which
problem you're trying to fix.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules.
Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.