[U-Boot-Users] serial: polling or interrupt based?

Benjamin Collar benjamin.collar at siemens.com
Wed Sep 29 15:17:50 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 19:34, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <1096040007.3318.73.camel at mhpajh5c> you wrote:
> >
> > Hard-coding brgc1 seems to me--bear in mind that my experience with
> > bootloaders is about .00004--like a bad idea. Is there any interest in
> > making brg selection more flexible, or is it sufficient, when I send the
> > patch for my board, that I use #ifdefs to do it the way I need?
>
> The general rule is: never touch a running system.

Ah, but my system wouldn't run so I had to touch something, somewhere.

> Please explain which problem you are  trying  to  fix.  As  mentioned
> before,  there are existing ports of both the MPC852 and MPC866 which
> run just fine with the code as is, you  I'm  not  really  sure  which
> problem you're trying to fix.

The problem is easy to explain: the MPC852T has only brgc3 and 4; it
also has only scc3 and 4. mpc8xx's serial.c hard codes assignment to
brgc1 and also wires brgc1 to the selected SCC; these commands won't
work for me. That's what I'm trying to "fix" or not fix, as the case may
be. My question was, should I just use ifdefs for my board there in that
file, or should I make something fancier?

Sincerely
Ben

--
Benjamin Collar