[U-Boot-Users] serial: polling or interrupt based?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 29 16:40:16 CEST 2004

In message <1096463859.8295.4.camel at mhpajh5c> you wrote:

> The problem is easy to explain: the MPC852T has only brgc3 and 4; it
> also has only scc3 and 4. mpc8xx's serial.c hard codes assignment to

It also has the SMC ports, right?

Why don;t you use SMC1 for console? :-)

> brgc1 and also wires brgc1 to the selected SCC; these commands won't
> work for me. That's what I'm trying to "fix" or not fix, as the case may
> be. My question was, should I just use ifdefs for my board there in that
> file, or should I make something fancier?

If you change it, then please in such a way that _all_  boards  using
this  CPU and a SCC port for console will work, i. e. fix the scc_*()
functions in "cpu/mpc8xx/serial.c"; test for CONFIG_MPC852 or so...

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not  exist  in  nature...
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."         - Helen Keller