[U-Boot-Users] serial: polling or interrupt based?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 24 19:36:57 CEST 2004

In message <065ACD8E84315E4394C835E398C8D5EB5DB01F at COSSMGMBX02.email.corp.tld> you wrote:

> With the processors we are talking about (8xx, 8xxx), the configuration of=
>  the pieces parts (SMC/SCC/FCC/BRG/CLK, port I/O, etc) are so complex that=
>  most people heave a sigh of relief when they put together _one_ _working_=
>  configuration and are thankful they don't have to figure out _and test_=
>  _all possible_ configurations.

Actually BRG assignment is not that difficult. It mostly depends  how
many serial ports you're going to support.

The question is: why should we change the existing code? It's working
after all.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If programming was easy, they wouldn't need something as  complicated
as a human being to do it, now would they?
                       - L. Wall & R. L. Schwartz, _Programming Perl_