[U-Boot-Users] PCI cards known to work on the LITE5200

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 24 22:35:05 CEST 2004

In message <33000.69.26.135.65.1096049900.squirrel at 69.26.135.65> you wrote:

> I am currently using a LITE5200. There is a known (annoying) PCI issue with
> the MPC5200, and therdfore most of the PCI cards I have tried on the LITE5200
> were not recognized. For several of them, u-boot even crashed (bus error).

For which card did it crash? And when exactly did it  crash?  Do  you
have a stack backtrace?

> I was wondering if somedy has tried with success common PCI graphics cards
> and gigabit ethernet cards...

Define "common" ;-)

It works fine with the Fujitsu "Coral-P" PCI card - although this one
is probably a bit expensive if all you're loking for  is  a  graphics
card.

It works fine with EEPRO100/1000 cards.

> - I have tried 3 different graphics cards (2 ATI, 1 nvdia) w/o luck

Are you really, really sure that these cards work at all in a PowerPC
system?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ...  and  the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
                                                 -- Wernher von Braun