[U-Boot-Users] RE: help: images in example directory are invalid

Benjamin Collar benjamin.collar at siemens.com
Thu Sep 30 16:54:53 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 14:36, Scott McNutt wrote:
> >  Using powerpc-linux-objdump -fs hello_world.srec, I see:
> >
> >  hello_world.srec:     file format srec
> >  architecture: UNKNOWN!, flags 0x00000000:
> >
> >  start address 0x00040004
>
> You're getting warmer ... try README.
> It's all there. The images are valid.

I presume, then, that I'm either reading the wrong README or the wrong
section of it. Thus, following the algorithm given later in the README,
I'm asking the list to help.

Anyway, in the readme under "Standalone HOWTO" I read and follow:

=> loads
....fine I load the hello_world.srec

go 40004 blah blah blah
## Starting application at 0x00040004
HANG

hmm....The hang very much bugs me, and I have no idea why it happens,
however, I just want to run an image, and lo and behold:

=> imi 0x00040004
Bad Magic Number

What have I read incorrectly, please? When I do a loads, it loads into
ram, right? Good deal, my ram starts at address 0x0 so everything should
work happily. AFAIK. No dice, though.

What am I missing here?

Thanks
Ben