[U-Boot-Users] Mips board support...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 30 17:16:30 CEST 2004

Dear Arun,

in message <794cda74040929235457d76900 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to understand the mips support code in the uboot source code.
> In the cpu/mips directory, there are references to incaip in the file name as
> well as source. Isn't cpu directory supposed to be independent of the board?

Yes, it is supposed to. But not everything we do is perfect ;-)

> If I wanted to add support to a new mips board how should I modify the
> cpu/mips directory?

As needed? Try to follow the design rules, and if you're running into
conflicts then feel free to ask...

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
How many Unix hacks does it take to change a light bulb?  Let's  see,
   can you use a shell script for that or does it need a C program?