[U-Boot-Users] (no subject)

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Fri Apr 1 00:45:10 CEST 2005

I used it about a year ago with NAND flash.  For NOR the usage is a bit
less compelling.  As the scan time is slow, you end up using an extra
partition for it anyway to keep the time down...might have almost been
in raw at that point for nor.  Yaffs may be useable now for nand, but
don't think anyone has ported it in at the loader yet...

Some of the upsides is you can update using nice file based things at
the kernel level if jffs is there, and if you have the time to wait on
boot, then you can put it all in a big partition.

Regards,
Richard W.