[U-Boot-Users] make: *** [u-boot] Error 139

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 1 01:09:13 CEST 2005

Dear Anthony,

it has always been a good idea to read or even search (!)  a  bit  in
the mailing list archives BEFORE posting.

You should consider this, too.

In message <20050331224744.92468.qmail at web88101.mail.re2.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> make: *** [u-boot] Error 139

Your binutils are broken. File a bug report.

> disk corruption", or, "it's the fault of binutils
> 2.15".

The latter is the correct answer.

> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I've
> wasted two days changing and rebuilding cross
> compilers, and testing on different machines.

What a waste of effort. The very same problem has been discussed here
JUST YESTERDAY.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Linux - Why use Windows, since there is a door?
       -- Alain Knaff in <slrn50c2o5.auk.knaff at choiseul.inrialpes.fr>