[U-Boot-Users] uboot port issue

Srivatsan srivatsan at deccanetworld.com
Mon Apr 4 16:11:12 CEST 2005

Dear all,

       According to the previous replies I got for this query to check
up the memory map, the IMMR is mapped to 0xff000000 and all the other
memory maps were also checked up. It looks fine.

But When it was tried to access the gd->dp_alloc_base =
CPM_DATAONLY_BASE, the system gets a reset. Can anyone clarify a doubt
regarding gd?

/* Pointer is writable since we allocated a register for it */
	gd = (gd_t *) (CFG_INIT_RAM_ADDR + CFG_GBL_DATA_OFFSET);

gd pointer seems as though it isn't writable in my case. Have I missed
on something. (meaning address of gd doesn't change)

FYI, the macros defined are:

#define CPM_DATAONLY_BASE ((uint)128)
#define CPM_DATAONLY_SIZE ((uint)(16 * 1024) - CPM_DATAONLY_BASE)
#define CFG_INIT_RAM_ADDR CFG_IMMR  - defined as 0xff000000
#define CFG_RAM_INIT_END  0x4000
(Another doubt, this is the end address of DPRAM1 for MPC8280 processor
but in MPC8260ADS (modified for pq2fadsZu) config file this value is
defined as 0x2000. Can anyone tell me the correct value to be configured
for CFG_RAM_INIT_END for MPC8280 processor?)

Please give me a pointer where the problem can be ? My target is a
Analogue and Micro Rattler board (MPC8280). Also I have applied the
patches by Yuli Barcohen for Analogue and Micro rattler board.

With Regards,
C.R.Srivatsan