[U-Boot-Users] OCOTEA get_timer() bug

Travis B. Sawyer tsawyer+u-boot at sandburst.com
Mon Apr 4 19:35:06 CEST 2005

Andrew Wozniak wrote:
> Hello Stefan,
>
> Our target is a custom 440gx board with an OCOTEA port of U-Boot. I will
> try to do some testing to determine if there are any side affects on our
> board.
>
> Stefan Roese wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Wednesday 30 March 2005 01:17, Andrew Wozniak wrote:
>>

>>> My only concern with the fix is that it will break something else that
>>> assumes the timer interval to be 10msec.  There are a few "files" that
>>> depend on it for timeout operations:
>>>
>>> cpu/ppc4xx/440gx_enet.c
>>>          if ((time_now - time_start) > 3000)   <--- 30 sec timo?
>>

>> This is 440 specific, but in the comments a few lines above 3 seconds
>> timeout is mentioned. So even this seems to be a bug with a 10 ms
>> timer interval.

Sorry I've been a bit remiss in responding, been away from the email due
to a new addition to the family (Son #2 on 26 april 2005)

The 440gx port I did was essentially a port of the 440gp by Scott
McNutt.  Looks like I blindly accepted some stuff (er, missed some stuff).

I'll attempt to give it a whirl on our custom board and possibly on my
ocotea also.

I'll be going in to work some this week...

-travis