[U-Boot-Users] OCOTEA get_timer() bug

Travis B. Sawyer tsawyer+u-boot at sandburst.com
Tue Apr 5 15:26:28 CEST 2005

Stefan Roese wrote:
> On Monday 28 March 2005 21:58, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>

>>>I've tested the following and propose it as a fix, replace this:
>>>   val = gd->bd->bi_intfreq/100;	 /* 10 msec */
>>>with:
>>>   val = gd->bd->bi_intfreq/1000; /* 1 msec */
>>>
>>>I've also tested some of the network related functions to insure that no
>>>timeout conditions have appeared.
>>>
>>>I want to post this patch but would prefer a code review from those that
>>>are more familiar with get_timer() use within the OCOTEA codebase.
>>
>>I don't know why the 440 is handled separately.
>>
>>Stefan, do you have an idea?
>
> No. The 440 port was done by Scott McNutt <smcnutt at artsyncp.com>, if I
> remember right. But it seems that the fix is correct. Scott (or any other 440
> users), any comments on this?
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan

Looking back at my original patch (using sourceforge cvs browse)
The patch for the 440 GX did not change that portion of code, so the
ebony should also exhibit this behavior.  I recently rx'ed a message
from one of my users that the timer was returning ~10x of what was
expected.  That should have been a clue to me...

I'll give the above fix a whirl on my custom board and report back.

-travis