[U-Boot-Users] Query related to POST of SDRAM

Vikrant_Basotra Vikrant_Basotra at Satyam.com
Tue Apr 5 16:02:30 CEST 2005

Hi All,
	In file post/memeory.c the following comment is there
/*
 * This is 64 bit wide test patterns.  Note that they reside in ROM
 * (which presumably works) and the tests write them to RAM which may
 * not work.
 *
 * The "otherpattern" is written to drive the data bus to values other
 * than the test pattern.  This is for detecting floating bus lines.
*
*/
This comment gives an hint that this code is specifically for the 64 bit
wide SDRAM only.
I ran the same code on the ep8248 board in which the port size of the RAM is
32 bits it worked there, didn't throw any error.
I just want to make it sure that, if the port size of the RAM is 32 bits
will this test work with out any modifications or  do I have to make some
changes.

Regards,
Vikrant

is appreciated.