[U-Boot-Users] Re: More 5282 network issues-development

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 12 22:05:39 CEST 2005

In message <200504121051.07764.ngustavson at emacinc.com> you wrote:

> I think I see the problem, the network is expecting to be able to do ulong
> delays, while the timer is only 16 bits. I'm going to monkey with the timer
> code and see if I can get something set up.

No matter how your timer  is  implemented  internally,  the  external
interface  (at  least  as  used  by  any  code  outside  your  cpu/*/
directory) should be based on the following rules:

* Arguments are unsigned long
* CFG_HZ is set to 1000
* get_timer() and udelay() operate in milliseconds

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for
the first time.                                   - Alfred E. Wiggam