[U-Boot-Users] Re: More 5282 network issues-development

Zachary Landau kapheine at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 19:51:52 CEST 2005

> FEC_STRUCTURE
> This seems to be the subject of some debate, but looking over it, the fec
> structure in the CVS does appear to be incorrect.
> For instance, it only defines a single hash table
>  uint fec_hash_table_high; /* upper 32-bits of hash table  */
>  uint fec_hash_table_low; /* lower 32-bits of hash table  */]
> Even thought the datasheet clearly indicates that there are two. How could
> this possibly be correct?
> Zach's structure does appear to be the correct one, and in fact is the only
> one I've had any success with at all.

There's no debate.  The structure is wrong.  Wolfgang has requested a
patch be submitted for it.  I haven't had time to do it, but go for it
if you do.

> SPEED:
> The new code can download intact linux images with tftp, but it only works if
> ET_DEBUG is enabled. If it's not everything seems to run too fast and the
> code chokes itself(sends out big bursts of packets and then doesn't respond
> to the big bursts it gets back). How can I tell it to slow down and wait for

As you mentioned in your next email, this is probably an issue with
the 5282 timer.  The code I sent to you works for me, although I will
not claim it is completely correct.  I mucked around a bit with net.c
while debugging, so there may or may not be things I changed in there
that make it work.  That isn't to say that net.c was wrong, but rather
that my timer code may have been acting differently from how net.c
expects.

> ICMP:
> Once the TFTP transaction gags, my tftpd server turns around and starts trying
> to ping the client to see if it's alive, but it never responds. Should it be?
> does the stack support this?

I am able to use the 'ping' command once networking was setup.  This
is probably directly related to the timer issue.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine at gmail.com>