[U-Boot-Users] fatload'ing kernel image from CF

Jeff Angielski jeff at theptrgroup.com
Wed Apr 13 16:27:22 CEST 2005

Are there any partitioning requirements associated with loading files
using the fatload command?  I have found that if I try to load a file
from the 2nd partition and the 1st partition exceeds a certain size, the
fatload command fails.

For instance, with part1=8MB and part2=4MB, I see the following error
when loading an image from the 2nd partition:

=> fatload ace 0:2 140000 uimage
reading uimage
Invalid FAT entry

26624 bytes read

However, with part1=4MB and part2=4MB, the same file loads fine from the
2nd partition.  If I put the file in the first partition it always loads
fine.

Both partitions were formatted using mkfs.msdos.

>From linux, I can read and write all partitions to my hearts content
which indicates that the hardware itself is ok.