[U-Boot-Users] cfi_flash support for 8 bit port width S29GL032M

Ladislav Michl ladis at linux-mips.org
Mon Apr 18 14:25:20 CEST 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 08:00:45PM +0800, Sam Song wrote:
> --- Alexandre BASTOS <alebas at televes.com> wrote:
> [snip]
> > So, my question is ... Is the S29GL032M (or AMD
> > equivalent AM29LV320M) already supported in byte
> > mode for any board in u-boot?.
> > I have been testing some of the drivers, but I still
> > couldn't find a working solution for my board.
>
> U could try the flash driver of RPXlite DW. If I
> remember right, this one could work well for 4*8bit
> of AM29LV320M. As for cfi driver, I haven't heard
> about it can work for any AMD FLASH chip:-( Maybe I
> exaggerate the case? Hope I am wrong:-)

Perhaps because some AMD chips are JEDEC compatible?
Quick look to datasheet shows that AM29LV320M is JEDEC
compatible and therefore cfi_flash driver will not work
for it (it works nicely for CFI compatible AMD chips such
as AM29DL323).

There is no generic driver for JEDEC flashes in U-Boot, so
you'll have to provide your own flash driver in board's
directory.

Best regards,
	ladis