[U-Boot-Users] cfi_flash support for 8 bit port width S29GL032M

Alexandre BASTOS alebas at televes.com
Mon Apr 18 15:36:48 CEST 2005

> Perhaps because some AMD chips are JEDEC compatible?
> Quick look to datasheet shows that AM29LV320M is JEDEC
> compatible and therefore cfi_flash driver will not work
> for it (it works nicely for CFI compatible AMD chips such
> as AM29DL323).
>
> There is no generic driver for JEDEC flashes in U-Boot, so
> you'll have to provide your own flash driver in board's
> directory.
>
> Best regards,
> 	ladis

Ummmm. Maybe I was wrong, as I was thinking that CFI was also
part of the JEDEC standards.
Nevertheless, in datasheet from Spansion I can read:

CFI (Common Flash Interface) compliant

So this should not be the issue here.

Neither the command address I have reported before.
A deeper analyse of driver showed me that address is shifted
in write cfi_write_cmd. Indeed command to query CFI Table (0x98)
works. So, maybe problem is Program command AMD_CMD_WRITE, which
is not present in 8bit mode.

Best Regards,

Alex Bastos