[U-Boot-Users] cfi_flash support for 8 bit port width S29GL032M

Sebastian Schau schau at MAZeT.de
Mon Apr 18 14:46:38 CEST 2005

> So, my question is ... Is the S29GL032M (or AMD equivalent AM29LV320M)
> already supported in byte mode for any board in u-boot?.
> I have been testing some of the drivers, but I still couldn't find a
> working solution for my board.

I think there isn't a flash driver for S29GL032M in BYTE-Mode, so you
have to write your own driver.
Be careful, because the AMD AM29LV320M supports a BYTE-Programm mode, to
write a single byte into flash. This mode is used in many (AMD) flash
drivers in U-Boot. The S29GL032M doesn't support this mode, so you have
to use write buffer programming if your Flash is in X8 (BYTE) mode.

Best regards Sebastian