[U-Boot-Users] MPC8245 custom board, Linux kernel hangs after uncompressing

Kishore Devireddy kishorekrd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 02:54:37 CEST 2005

Hi

Thanks for your reply. U-boot is working very well on the custom
mpc8245 board. I did some changes in the A3000.h file to make it work.
All most all the features of u-boot are working. Problem comes when I
load linux on to it. I compiled ELDK 3.0 verison. Since ELDK 3.0 does
not have A3000 configuration I modified Sandpoint8245 configuration
and compiled it. As I mentioned I did all the 3 steps mentioned in FAQ
for "linux hangs after uncompressing" problem.

1. I configured linux kernel Sandpoint8245 .config file with flash and
network drivers needed for my board. Is there any thing I need to do
for SDRAM?
2. When I tried to run vmlinux using BDI2000 (with out u-boot) I got
the following output

BDI>prog 0xffc00000 vmlinux.eldk bin
Programming vmlinux.eldk , please wait ....
Programming flash passed
BDI>go 0xffc00000
- TARGET: target has entered debug mode
BDI>info
    Target CPU        : MPC82xx (G2H4)
    Target state      : debug mode
    Debug entry cause : FPU unavailable exception
    Current PC        : 0x00000000
    Current CR        : 0x20000000
    Current MSR       : 0x00000000
    Current LR        : 0xffd7ee18

Is there any thing I need to do to fix this.

3. Is there any embedded linux available for the artis A3000 type of board?

Thanks
Kishore