[U-Boot-Users] MPC8245 custom board, Linux kernel hangs after uncompressing

Sam Song samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Apr 21 09:45:00 CEST 2005

Kishore Devireddy <kishorekrd at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> load linux on to it. I compiled ELDK 3.0 verison.

A wild guess. Do u mean ELDK 3.0 here as denx linux
2.4.24???

> and compiled it. As I mentioned I did all the 3
> steps mentioned in FAQ
> for "linux hangs after uncompressing" problem.

Except FAQ, still something else you need to fix.
Anyway, custom board linux porting isn't so easy
sometimes.

> BDI>go 0xffc00000
> - TARGET: target has entered debug mode

Ummmm, a fatal operation, I am afraid. Linux kernel
couldn't be booted in this way. "go" is not for linux.
tip for you. Pls check your cmdline transfered by
u-boot. Well, u can try debugging the kernel with
BDI2000. You have such a nice debug tool at hand:)

Hope this helps,

Sam