[U-Boot-Users] cfi_flash support for 8 bit port width S29GL032M

Sam Song samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Apr 21 11:50:01 CEST 2005

Ladislav Michl <ladis at linux-mips.org> wrote:
> > U could try the flash driver of RPXlite DW. If I
> > remember right, this one could work well for
> > 4*8bit of AM29LV320M. As for cfi driver, I

Well, I made a mistake here. The flash driver is not
for AM29LV320M. It is for 4*AM29DL323DB90VI instead.
Sorry for this.

> Perhaps because some AMD chips are JEDEC compatible?
> Quick look to datasheet shows that AM29LV320M is
> JEDEC compatible and therefore cfi_flash driver
> will not work for it (it works nicely for CFI
> compatible AMD chips such as AM29DL323).

You delivered a really nice hint. But the example you
listed couldn't push youself laugh to the end IMHO.
AM29DL323 wasn't supported by cfi_flash driver, at
least I tested it for Brad Kemp but we didn't succeed.
Maybe now or other configuration can work?

Thanks,

Sam

Best regards,

Sam