[U-Boot-Users] cfi_flash support for 8 bit port width S29GL032M

Alex BASTOS alebas at televes.com
Thu Apr 21 13:03:32 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Well, I made a mistake here. The flash driver is not
> for AM29LV320M. It is for 4*AM29DL323DB90VI instead.
> Sorry for this.

Don't worry about. In fact, I have tested this driver.
But the problem pointed out by Sebastian Schau was also
present on it: the new S29GLxxxM flashes doesn't support
the WRITE BYTE (AO) command, so write has to be allways
done through write_buffer.

So, finally, I decided to make some modification to the
generic cfi_flash.c driver to support 8 BIT mode and
AMD write buffer operation. I will submit a patch in
several minutes.

In brief, I have to implement flash_write_cfibuffer
and add AMD_ADDR_xxx_8BIT to add support for specific
unlock sequence and command addresses.

> You delivered a really nice hint. But the example you
> listed couldn't push youself laugh to the end IMHO.
> AM29DL323 wasn't supported by cfi_flash driver, at
> least I tested it for Brad Kemp but we didn't succeed.
> Maybe now or other configuration can work?

At least S29GL032M behaves as CFI, and the cfi driver is
now working.

Best regards,

Alex BASTOS