[U-Boot-Users] Cannot boot from a uImage on the lite5200

Grant Likely glikely at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 21:21:17 CEST 2005

On 4/21/05, Grant Likely <glikely at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/21/05, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> > In message <528646bc050420163579a4fefd at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> > >

> > > It's looking more like I've got a problem with the hardware
> > > configuration on the Linux side now.  Time to step through init
> > > code....
> >
> > Can you try the same image on different hardware? Is this an original
> > lite5200? [If yes, feel free to send me your kernel image and I  will
> > run it on our systems [not to the list, please]].
>
> Yes, it is an original lite5200.  I've got another board that I
> haven't unpacked yet.  I'll try that one and also send you my kernel
> image once I get into the office this afternoon.  Thanks!

BAH!  The problem was between my keyboard and my chair.

The zImage used the kernel command line from .config.  The uImage got
passed the command line from u-boot.  The bootargs environment
variable did not specify a console.  Add "console=ttyS0,115200" and
everything works....  I should know better.

Thank you very much for the help.
g.