[U-Boot-Users] Cannot boot from a uImage on the lite5200

Grant Likely glikely at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 16:58:18 CEST 2005

On 4/21/05, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> In message <528646bc050420163579a4fefd at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> >

> > It's looking more like I've got a problem with the hardware
> > configuration on the Linux side now.  Time to step through init
> > code....
>
> Can you try the same image on different hardware? Is this an original
> lite5200? [If yes, feel free to send me your kernel image and I  will
> run it on our systems [not to the list, please]].

Yes, it is an original lite5200.  I've got another board that I
haven't unpacked yet.  I'll try that one and also send you my kernel
image once I get into the office this afternoon.  Thanks!

I was mulling over the problem last night, and I *think* that when I
got my 2.6 kernel to boot it was immediately after briefly trying a
2.4 kernel based on the denx linuxppc_2_4 tree (I was compairing the
boot sequences between the two kernels).  After that the 2.6 kernel
started booting correctly.  I did not power cycle the board after
trying the 2.4 kernel, I used my bdi2k to reset it.  After I power
cycled the board the 2.6 kernel stopped working again.  I'm going to
try to recreate the sequence of events once I'm in the office.