[U-Boot-Users] U-boot 1.1.2 on SMDK2410

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 27 07:57:09 CEST 2005

In message <9AEDBAA573BBD346BCF9637D80097D910FEEB4 at greysvr02.GreyInnovation.com> you wrote:

> Actually, the other reason why I though that u-boot for the SMDK2410 may
> execute out of RAM is that the resulting elf file is linked to reside at
> address 0x33F80000. The SDRAM on the SMDK2410 lives at address

This is where the code will be copied to once  the  system  has  been
initialized so far.

> If u-boot is to be executed from FLASH, would it be fair to think that
> <_start> should be at 0x0 (where boot FLASH is living).

No. It's just using enough of position-independent code to  bootstrap
itself.   Remember   that  this  is  a  bootloader,  not  a  standard
application.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Well, the way I see it, logic is only a way of being ignorant by num-
bers.                                 - Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_