[U-Boot-Users] resetting compact flash card in u-boot

Tom Otermans tom.otermans at pie.nl
Wed Apr 27 13:42:21 CEST 2005

Hello List,

I have a question about resetting compact flash cards. We are currently
working on an pxa-255 system. From u-boot (1.0.0) a kernel image is loaded
(on a fat partition) and booted. The problem starts after reading this
image.
The linux kernel (2.4.26) is started and tries to couple the root filesystem

from the cf (parition 2, ext2).
With industrial grade cf cards from sandisk, this process works fine, but
non
industrial grade cards can't read the data from the cf.
If I do an ide reset, and load the image from the device via the fatload
command, _remove_ the cf and than bootm the image, the cf card can be read
in
the kernel.
So reseting the cf card somehow is what I have to do. Thus I tried to reset
it
by lowering the reset pin of the cf (lower pin 41 in true ide mode). But the

problem still appears.

Does anyone had these same problems with non industrial grade cf cards? Or
any
idea of how to reset the card in the bootloader to a same state as from
inserting the card?

Thanks in advance,

Tom