[U-Boot-Users] resetting compact flash card in u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 27 18:19:27 CEST 2005

In message <200504271342.21829.Tom.Otermans at pie.nl> you wrote:

> If I do an ide reset, and load the image from the device via the fatload
> command, _remove_ the cf and than bootm the image, the cf card can be read
> in the kernel.

I don't understand. How can the kernel access the CF card  after  you
removed it?

> So reseting the cf card somehow is what I have to do. Thus I tried to reset it
> by lowering the reset pin of the cf (lower pin 41 in true ide mode). But the
> problem still appears.

What happens if you perform an "ide reset" command instead?

> Does anyone had these same problems with non industrial grade cf cards? Or any

No, never had any such problems on any cards.

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C54B1E.3037EA00
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">

And please: never post HTML to this list!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers  exactly
what  the  Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly dis-
appear and be replaced by something even more  bizarre  and  inexpli-
cable.  There  is  another  theory which states that this has already
happened.    -- Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"