[U-Boot-Users] MPC852T ethernet

tony.ford at quadrics.com tony.ford at quadrics.com
Mon Aug 1 15:28:03 CEST 2005

Hi,

I know u-boot is not an OS and is not intended to implement all the
functionality you might expect of one.
Sorry, I should have been more clear in what I was trying to do.
Given that u-boot can handle ethernet comms. I was looking at how I could
enable telnet as an alternative to a serial connection.

We're using a ppc based embedded controller in a network management
capacity where there is already ethernet but no serial. It's not clear
at the moment whether we'll boot linux or run a standalone application
to perform management functions.

The first step would seem to be to respond to interrupts on receipt
of an ethernet packet. It was this first step I was asking for feedback
on.

Best regards,
Tony.