[U-Boot-Users] MPC852T ethernet

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 1 14:43:48 CEST 2005

In message <30062B7EA51A9045B9F605FAAC1B4F628EAA71 at exch01.quadrics.com> you wrote:

> I can ping and tftp from the platform but cannot ping or telnet to it.

Are you talking about U-0Boot or Linux here?

If you mean U-Boot, then you should understand  that  incoming  pings
are  unsupported  by  U-Boot,  and telnet like all other TCP/IP based
services are unimplemented, too.

If you talk about Linux, then you're off topic here.

> I suppose that I'm missing some configuration but can't see what.

What exactly makes you think this should work? Having a  closer  look
you will also find out that U-Boot does not reply to ssh requests nor
does  it work as a web server. Java support is pretty poor, too. Doom
isn't runnin either.

> Any pointers would be appreciated.

Don't expoect too much. This is a boot loader, not an OS.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The C-shell doesn't parse. It adhoculates.
    - Casper.Dik at Holland.Sun.COM in <3ol96k$b2j at engnews2.Eng.Sun.COM>