[U-Boot-Users] Unable to set U-Boot stdin and stdout environment variables to "n c"

David, Albert Albert.David at barco.com
Sun Aug 7 08:20:28 CEST 2005

Dear friends,
I am trying to enable network console for my PPChameleon board by setting
environment variables 'stdin' 'stdout' & 'stderr' to "nc" but my target
doesn't set these values and I could not enable network console. Has anyone
faced similar problem??
Please help,
Thanks in advance for your support,
With best regards,
Albert David.

Here is what I am trying to do on U-Boot Shell.

U-Boot 1.1.3 (Aug  6 2005 - 21:01:02)

CPU:   AMCC PowerPC 405EP Rev. B at 266.666 MHz (PLB=133, OPB=66, EBC=33
MHz)
       IIC Boot EEPROM disabled
       PCI async ext clock used, internal PCI arbiter enabled
       16 kB I-Cache 16 kB D-Cache
Board: ### No HW ID - assuming PPChameleonEVB
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  32 MB
FLASH:  4 MB
NAND:   64 MB
Net:   ppc_405x_eth0, ppc_405x_eth1
=> printenv
bootdelay=5
baudrate=115200
loads_echo=1
ethaddr=00:50:c2:1e:af:fe
eth1addr=00:50:c2:1e:af:fd
ethact=ppc_405x_eth0
serverip=150.158.72.111
ipaddr=150.158.72.54
ncip=150.158.72.111:6666
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial

Environment size: 226/8187 bytes
=> setenv stdin nc
=> setenv stdout nc
=> setenv stderr nc
=> printenv
bootdelay=5
baudrate=115200
loads_echo=1
ethaddr=00:50:c2:1e:af:fe
eth1addr=00:50:c2:1e:af:fd
ethact=ppc_405x_eth0
serverip=150.158.72.111
ipaddr=150.158.72.54
ncip=150.158.72.111:6666
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial

Environment size: 226/8187 bytes
- - - - - - - DISCLAIMER- - - - - - - -
Unless indicated otherwise, the information contained in this message is
privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and/or
attachments is strictly prohibited. The company accepts no liability for any
damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Furthermore, the
company does not warrant a proper and complete transmission of this
information, nor does it accept liability for any delays. If you have
received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message. Thank you.