[U-Boot-Users] MPC8280 USB console

KokHow Teh KokHow.Teh at marconi.com
Fri Aug 12 10:32:06 CEST 2005

Hi;
      I am trying to bring up the USB controller on PQ2FADS-ZU with MPC8280
onboard. I have finished with the initialization and transaction routines
but not the ones neccessary for usbtty to work. The u-boot-1.1.2 source
tree that I am using is a release version that is definitely not from the
top of the CVS. I notice that the usbtty is only implemented for the SX1
board in drivers/usbdcore_omap1510.c. Is omap1550 the name of the usb
controller in arm925t core of the card?
      Some questions pertaining to USB requirements for usbtty to work.
Sorry if this is more of usb-related rather than u-boot related.
(1) The USB connector on PQ2FADS-ZU is a Type-A connector. Would this work
as a console port?
(2) What type of usb connections is neccessary for usbtty to work? I mean,
is host PC running usb-host or usb-function and PQ2FADS-ZU running usb-host
or usb-function?
(3) What type of cable should I use? I assume a Type-A-to-Type-A PC-to-PC
USB cable would work? How about a USB2.0 Link cable? www.usbcable.com

      Thanks for any input.

Regards,
TEH