[U-Boot-Users] Xilinx EDK error message on libgen

andrew.l.bomber at maxtek.com andrew.l.bomber at maxtek.com
Sat Aug 13 12:52:49 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to compile u-boot for the first time. My target board is a
custom device with only a UARTLite, SPI Flash, and SDRAM with PPC on a
Xilinx FPGA. I continually get the same error when I try to generate
libraries. I am trying to generate the libraries through the EDK IDE. Is
anyone on this board familiar with porting u-boot to a Xilinx device in EDK?
If so could you help? The stand alone OS works just fine on this project
before I changed the OS_NAME in the mss.

The command that EDK 6.3i issues to generate libraries:
libgen -mhs system.mhs -p xc2vp4fg256-6  system_u-boot.mss

The error message:
WARNING: The parameter USE_DCR for the intc driver has been deprecated.  Any
reference to this parameter in the MSS file will be ignored.
define_config_file: XNullHandler
ERROR:MDT - Error while running "generate" for processor ppc405_0...
make: *** [ppc405_0/lib/libxil.a] Error 2
Done.

Thanks,

Andrew