[U-Boot-Users] loads command cannot transfer srec file

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 22 18:14:07 CEST 2005

In message <1124723935.53efd4dcS3092131 at student.rmit.edu.au> you wrote:
> I am now using Kermit for the serial communication. But still i am having t=
> he same problem.

*Please* use shorter lines.

And *please* read the documentation, and then read it again.

Kermit is fine when using the "loadb" command which implements kermit
binary protocol. But for "loads" the documentation says to use  "cu",
doesn't it?

> When i use loads 40000 i get the output as
> ## Ready for S-Record download ...
>  and then the system seems to do nothing.

It does something. It sits there in the serial driver waiting for you
to send S-Records over the serial line.

> When i use loadb
> ##Ready for binary (kermit) download to 0xA0800000 at 115200 bps..
>  and then the system seems to do nothing.

It does something. It sits there in the serial driver waiting for you
to send kermit binary protocol data over the serial line.

> Please guide me what could be the reason for this

Incorrect use.

And please don't top post / full quote. Read the netiquette.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Looks clean and obviously correct to me, but then _everything_ I
write always looks obviously correct to me.  - Linus Torvalds in
<Pine.LNX.4.10.10012090054360.791-100000 at penguin.transmeta.com>