[U-Boot-Users] RFC: U-Boot Environment support in SystemAce Compact FLASH

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 22 22:56:23 CEST 2005

In message <OF8ADB0661.25EF292C-ON07257065.00568E7A-07257065.00576B05 at mck.us.ray.com> you wrote:

> I have completed the initial port of U-Boot to a custom PPC405/VirtexII
> Pro FPGA board and I am starting to look at ways to store the U-Boot
> environment in the CF card used for FPGA configuration by the Xilinx
> SystemAce.

Please re-read the archives why this is not as trivial as it may seem.

> I am leaning toward the approach of adding DOS FAT write support and
> adjusting the initial U-Boot environment to provide sufficient stack space

This won't help you much. In the first step, you would have to modify
the whole CF and DOS FAT code such that it works while  running  from
flash.  This is a non-trivial task, and I don't intend to accept such
modifications for inclusion in the publich tree.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Men of peace usually are [brave].
	-- Spock, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5