[U-Boot-Users] AT91RM9200 Errata (Was: CSB637 support - big bug..)

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Wed Aug 24 10:33:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

Anders Larsen wrote on :
> "Patrick .." <oc3an at gmx.net> schreibt:
> > Also, it is safe to use a divisor of 3 for the Master Clock, this
> > gives
> > 61.44MHz from a core of 184.32Mhz which is fine for the CSB637
> > (master clock limit is 80MHz), users should see a decent
> > improvement in performance by doing this as it will increase the
> > SDRAM bandwidth by a substantial amount.
>
> Well, I got the clock values from linux 2.6.12 board-csb637.c;
> does Linux still boot correctly with your change?

I already posted this on the list, but a little reminder won't hurt :)

A clock rate > 180 MHz could be problematic. According errata 42
(AC Characteristics: PLL Frequency Limitation), in AT91RM9200 errata
sheet (doc6015) the PLL is limited to 180 MHz. We already had problems
with this bug (with about 10%-15% of the CPUs). After configuring the
PLL for 179 MHz no errors occour any mor (before we used 207 MHz).

Regards,
Martin