[U-Boot-Users] Re: [U-Boot-Users] AT91RM9200 Errata (Was: CSB637 support - big bug..)

Patrick .. oc3an at gmx.net
Wed Aug 24 11:55:01 CEST 2005

> "Patrick .." <oc3an at gmx.net> schreibt:
> >U-Boot hangs when i don't write the register in two steps.  Errata #82 is
> >the right one - it's quite tricky to interpret correctly.  I ended up
> with
> >the sequence i used from reading this errata and a fair bit of trial &
> >error.
>
> Strange - the original code runs on three different boards here
> without problems (and others are using it, too).
> >
> >Error: unrecognized/unsupported machine ID (r1 = 0x00000106).
> >Available machine support:
> >ID (hex)        NAME
> >00000288        Cogent CSB637

Sorry about the quoting.  I'm not used to using a mailing list such as this
one.

I have a feeling that the issue may relate to a certain type of clock
configuration (ie only when certain dividers are used) or some silicon
release.  All i know is that my board dies if i write in one step.

I'm not sure as to whether linux boots properly yet - the console output is
garbled by what seems to be an incorrect baud rate somewhere.  As this is
being derived from the ~60Mhz master clock I am using, i think i need to fix
this problem in the kernel :(

-Patrick