[U-Boot-Users] USB support for MPC82xx

Alex Zeffertt ajz at cambridgebroadband.com
Tue Aug 30 18:01:35 CEST 2005

Hi list,

Does anyone have a patch that supports USB on the MPC82xx?  Is there any plan to add such support?

The original MPC8260 doesn't have USB microcode, but Freescale added it to the MPC8271, MPC8272, and
MPC8280 range.  I'm considering getting an MPC8272ADS board, but I need to know if it is possible
to build a u-boot for this platform that is capable of loading a kernel image from a USB pen
drive partition.

At the moment the 827x uses the code in u-boot/cpu/mpc8260, and I can't see any USB driver in there,
so I know that some changes will be needed.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Alex Zeffertt
Software Engineer