[U-Boot-Users] uboot on an ipengine

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 15 09:04:54 CET 2005

In message <018b01c60116$f850c8f0$c66eab80 at mycroft> you wrote:

> boot loader to jump to 0x210000.  This bypasses the ELF header and jumps
> into the code, and it works great.  I was thinking that maybe I have to
> do something like that for the u-boot image (also an ELF), but it didn't
> work.

Linux is an operating system, U-Boot is a  boot  loader.  This  is  a
signiicant  difference.  What  works  for  one  does not work for the
other.

Instead of trying random things I recommend to read the docs.

Please replace the existing boot loader on  your  board  and  install
U-Boot at it's place in flsh.

> ------=_NextPart_000_0188_01C600C3.26690F80

> <HTML><HEAD>

And STOP posting HTML!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"An organization dries up if you don't challenge it with growth."
       - Mark Shepherd, former President and CEO of Texas Instruments