[U-Boot-Users] How is the "ba 0xfff80000" located at 0xfffffffc ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 28 11:06:48 CET 2005

In message <c002eb610512280133q562c8e91w at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>   1 where can i find the branch instruction "ba 0xfff80000" in
> u-boot-1.1.3 code? it seems it is not in start.s

As Stefan Roese already pointed out  you  should  NOT  use  old  code
(U-Boot  1.1.3) for any current work. Please use CURRENT code (top of
tree in the git repository), or at least the latest released  version
(1.1.4).

For the code please see cpu/ppc4xx/resetvec.S

>   2 As we know, before u-boot is written to flash the first time,
> there is nothing in flash. when we write u-boot in flash from addr
> 0xfff80000, how is the branch instruction written to addr 0xfffffffc
> which is not neigbour to u-boot code body?

It is part of the U-Boot image. In your case, the binary  image  will
be exactly 512 kB in size, i. e. cover the whole area from 0xFFF80000
to 0xFFFFFFFF.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Why is an average signature file longer than an average Perl script??